PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE
1. INFORMATION ABOUT NEW YORK BAKERY
New York Bakery (”we”, "us" or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the domain name littleadventures.co.uk (the “Site”) is a website operated by New York Bakery Company Limited registered in England and Wales under company number 04571039 with its registered office at Swinton Meadows Industrial Estate, Rotherham, S64 8AB is the data controller (registration number Z363857X).
2. PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using the Site and any services we offer via the Site, you agree to be bound by this Policy in respect of information collected about you via the Site.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy and cookies policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We retain certain information when you visit our Site and recognise the importance of keeping that information secure and letting you know what we will do with it.
- 3.1 We will collect and process the following data about you:
- 3.1.1 Information You Give Us
- (a) this is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise; or
- (b) it includes information you provide by registering to use the Site, subscribing to our service, registering an interest for further services, reporting a problem with our Site, searching for a product or content or services, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, entering a competition, promotion or optional research surveys, insert details of any other activities commonly carries out on the site and when you report a problem with the Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- 3.1.2 Information We Collect About You. With regard to each of your visits to our Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
- (a) technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, name, address and other content details, security questionnaire answers, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in type and version operating system and platform; and
- (b) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products or content you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number or email address used to contact our customer service team.
- 3.1.3 Information Received from Other Sources. We receive:
The information provided by you, the information we collect and the information we receive from third parties will be combined and used for the purposes set out in paragraph 4.1 (depending on the types of information we receive).
- (a) information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide; and
- (b) information from third parties we work closely with (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies).
4. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- 4.1 We will use this information in order to:
- 4.1.1 administer your account(s) with us and provide you with the services on the Site;
- 4.1.2 to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- 4.1.3 notify you about changes to our services;
- 4.1.4 verify your identity;
- 4.1.5 carry out marketing analysis and make general improvements to the Site;
- 4.1.6 measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- 4.1.7 obtain your views or comments on the services we provide;
- 4.1.8 contact the winners of our competitions and to help us plan other promotional activity; and
- 4.1.9 send you information we think you might find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services or those of carefully selected third parties provided you have indicated that you are happy to be contacted for these purposes.
5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- 5.1 You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- 5.2 You also agreed that may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- 5.2.1 business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- 5.2.2 advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may make use of the personal data we collect to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- 5.2.3 analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
- 5.2.4 any seller to us or buyer from us of any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- 5.2.5 anyone we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data with in order to comply with any legal obligation, our suppliers, our advisors, law enforcement agencies or others who may need access to your information. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- 6.2 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password and your username confidential. You should not share your password or username with anyone.
- 6.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
- 7.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
- 7.2 Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
8. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- 8.1 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- 9.1.1 A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways: To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly. To compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way. Two types of cookies may be used on this website; "session cookies", which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and "persistent cookies", which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
- 9.1.2 Some of our website pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes known as clear gifs) that allow us to count users who have visited these pages. Web beacons collect only limited information which including a cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides. We may also carry web beacons placed by third party advertisers. These web beacons do not carry any personally identifiable information and are only used to track the effectiveness of a particular campaign. Because web beacons are the same as any other content request included in the recipe for a web page, you cannot opt out or refuse them. However, where they are used in conjunction with cookies they can be rendered ineffective by either opting out of cookies or by changing the cookie setting on your browser.
- 9.1.3 We may use a third party to serve advertisements on our website. Cookies may be associated with these advertisements to enable the advertiser to track the number of anonymous users responding to the campaign. We do not have access to or control of cookies placed by third parties.
- 9.2 Managing your cookies
- 9.2.1 You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled. There are a number of ways to manage cookies. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
- 9.2.2 To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- 10.1 Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. However, we advise that you check this page regularly to keep up to date with any necessary changes.
- 11.1 Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to NEW YORK BAKERY CO LIMITED SWINTON MEADOWS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE MEADOW WAY SWINTON, ROTHERHAM S64 8AB; or emailing us at [email protected].